The Global Development committee has been established to promote and support the development of DDP globally.
The committee aims to support clinicians from around the world and especially those who are isolated geographically with little support for their practice of DDP from within their country.
This can include:
- supporting ongoing learning and the practice of DDP;
- assisting clinicians to access practicum and certification support
- promoting connections between clinicians that may be isolated geographically;
- facilitating connections with DDPI to help with specific training or practice;
- guiding participants from new countries to use the DDP information and principles responsibly and promoting guidelines for responsible use of those principles.
The future plans of the committee are:
- to invite trainers and consultants to provide ongoing learning and support by organizing study groups, master classes, or supervision groups after providing DDP training in countries newly exposed to DDP;
- to develop plans with the board to support access to supervision and training for individuals who lack financial means to pursue certification;
- to advocate and help to find solutions at the board level, for issues in certain countries that may impact the certification of clinicians. For example, some countries have no liability insurance structures or professional regulatory bodies;
- to create country or regional leads who can collaborate with clinicians and ensure an ongoing relationship with DDPI.
If you would like to find out more or need more help in your country regarding DDP training or practice, please contact any one of our committee members.