About the DDPI Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors consists of a minimum of 6 and maximum of 13 members with international representation
- The role of the Board is to uphold the aims and objectives of DDPI
- There is a minimum of 9 and maximum of 14 Board meetings per year. These are conducted via Skype or conference calling and in person when opportunity arises
- The Board has an Executive Committee – a sub-group of the Board consisting of the Chairperson, the President, the three Members at Large from the UK, the USA and Canada, the Secretary and the Treasurer. The Executive meets as required
- The Board has two Research Co-ordinator roles
- The Board has a Professional Affairs Committee – a sub-group of the Board – which meets as and when necessary
- The Board has a Certification Review Committee – a sub-group of the Board – which meets as and when necessary
- The Term of Office of a Board Member is up to 5years
- Board members are invited by the Board of Directors
- Members can be re-invited
- All Board members are actively involved in upholding and developing the Board’s objectives; Working sub-groups are appointed for specific tasks and are accountable to the Board.
- Board members receive no remuneration for services to the Board
- The Board employs an administrative assistant who attends all Board Meetings
The DDPI Board of Directors does not accept legal responsibility for the welfare of clients.