DDP Connects UK is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company (CIC) that organises and develops the work of DDP in the UK.
Interest in DDP in the UK has grown to the extent that a formal structure was needed to organise and provide training, therapy and parenting interventions.
We are continually developing our work and aim to support those certified in DDP and those in training. To help us do this we set up a not-for-profit company focusing on our work in the UK. We work closely with DDPI with DDP Connects UK and DDPI having three Directors in common to ensure good communication and collaboration around all aspects of DDP including training and certification.
What type of Company are we?
We are a Community Interest Company (CIC). We are formally incorporated as a private company limited by guarantee without share capital. Although we are a not-for-profit company we are not a registered charity and we have to pay Corporation Tax of 19% on all profits. All profits will be reinvested in the company.
When did we start?
We were incorporated on 12 April 2017
Who are we?
Listed in alphabetical order
Our Honorary Associates
In recognition of the help and support they provide
Listed in alphabetical order
As a Community Interest Company (CIC) what community do we aim to benefit?
Our activities are carried out for the benefit of:
- Families – parents, including adoptive parents, foster parents, kinship carers and special guardians
- Voluntary bodies and professionals working within social services, education and health who work with families where trauma has impacted on a child’s development.
What are our aims?
- To inform people about Dyadic Developmental Practice, Parenting and Psychotherapy
- To provide and maintain public resources relating to Dyadic Developmental Practice, Parenting and Psychotherapy information, research, training and developments
- To provide and maintain a public register of practitioners qualified in Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
- To promote the mental health and well-being of children who have had adverse experiences and/or experienced developmental trauma (including looked after and adopted children) through interventions developed to provide effective care planning by agencies, the parenting and support they receive, including therapy
What do we do?
- Co-ordinate events, local support groups and training about the theory, principles and practice of Dyadic Developmental Practice, Parenting and Psychotherapy
- Make information, including a library of published and open research, available free to all online via the DDP Network website
- Publish a regular newsletter and hold a UK-based conference every one to two years
- Oversee the qualification and certification of DDP practitioners in the UK & Irish Republic. We provide information to help practitioners access training and we support practitioners in their work through the co-ordination of training events, support groups and conferences
Companies House reg no: 10722944
Registered office address:
2nd Floor, The Fragrance House, Haydon, Wells, Somerset, BA5 3FF
Income for DDP Connect UK comes from UK fees paid for annual membership, certification fees and fees paid by DDP trainers or the commissioning organisation for facilitating DDP Level 1 and Level 2 Trainings. Our income is used:
📖To fund the working of the DDP Connects UK Board, organising training and conferences, insurance and accountancy.
To fund the necessary work to support the activities of the Board.
⚙To support and maintain DDPI
💻To develop and maintain the DDP Connects UK and DDPI sections of the DDP Network sites and DDP Network Forum.
If you would like to contribute to DDP Connects UK and help fund the advancement of Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy and Dyadic Developmental Practice in the UK, please get in touch using the DDP Connects UK Contact page.
Gift money to DDP Connects UK