Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) Fundamentals: 4-Part Study Series
Part 1: Creating Safety with Developmentally Traumatized Youth and their Families
- Understanding what developmental trauma disorder is
- Understanding the principles and application of the polyvagal theory in creating safety with developmentally traumatized children and families
- Understanding intersubjectivity and its application in clinical practice with developmentally traumatized children and families
Our DDP fundamentals series will focus on core components and principles of DDP practice: establishing safety, PACE, a/r dialog, and rupture and repair. Each study day and DDP component is anchored in self-compassion and self-care for ourselves as therapists. We will support community members through didactic presentations, experiential practice, role plays and case consultation, as well as supportive feedback from group members.
Leah Crane, Psy.D., Director of the Family Collaborative in Darien, Connecticut and Courtney Rennicke, Ph.D., Director of Rennicke & Associates in New York City will lead a series of four, three hour online gatherings that will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Connect with peers
- Feel more resourced in your clinical work
- Strengthen your understanding of DDP principles
- Deepen your DDP practice
Dr. Rennicke and Dr. Crane, are both DDP certified Trainers, Consultants, and Practitioners.
The entire series is as follows:
- October 18, 2022 – SAFETY: Creating Safety with Developmentally Traumatized Youth and their Families
- January 10, 2023 – PACE: With ourselves, parents and children
- March 7, 2023 – STORY: Affective Reflective Dialogue, finding our unique voices, musicality and rhythm
- May 2, 2023 – REPAIR: Tracking and responding to ruptures through open engagement & self-compassion
These day(s) are open to all who have an interest in DDP practice. You can sign up for any of the study days individually or all 4 in the series.
More information and bookings
Cost: $340 – All 4 DDP Study Series: SAFETY, P.A.C.E. STORY, REPAIR (10% discount)
$95 – Register for individual session(s)
Pay What You Wish, commitment to racial equity and social justice
It is meaningful to Leah and Courtney to support the professional development of therapists of color in DDP that reflect the diverse racial identities of the children and families that we are all honored to know and work with. For this DDP Fundamentals Series, 25% or 7 of the spaces will be reserved for clinicians of color to pay what they wish for the study series.
Date: October 18, 2022
Times: 12pm – 3pm (EST)
Venue: Online using Zoom
Organized by: Rennicke & Associates, 79 Walker Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10013
The organizer will contact you with online access information after registration.
For further information or to register:
Event registration link: Buy tickets on Eventbrite
Disclaimer: DDP Network, DDPI and DDP Connects UK accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of event information on this website. Please contact event Organisers for the latest event information.