Please note: This is the revised renewal criteria and process effective from 23 October 2017
What does the organisation have to do to keep up its organisation certification and what is the renewal process?
The organisation certification is required to be renewed every 4 years following on from the date of its certification. The due date for renewal will be on the DDPI certificate.
Renewal of Organisation Certification requires these five elements:
- DDPI membership
Continued efforts to embed and develop DDP within the organisation, including:
- Training, consultancy and supervision from a named Certified DDP Consultant
- Creating and implementing an Action Plan
- Maintaining a Portfolio of Evidence
- DDPI Board Review of the Action Plan and Portfolio of Evidence every four years.
1. DDPI membership
Certified DDP Organisations are required to be members in good standing of the Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy Institute by the timely payment of the annual membership fee detailed below.
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
The organisation’s DDP Consultant will advice on how to make payment. Only UK-based organisations may pay their fees in GBP.
2. Training, consultancy and supervision from a named Certified DDP Consultant
The DDP Consultant serves to guide, partner and mentor the Organisation as it continues to embed and embody DDP principles in its culture and programs services. The Consultant co-creates the Action Plan with the Organisation and serves as the Organisation’s liaison to the DDPI Board.
A certified DDP Organisation may employ an internal DDP Consultant to do some or most of its consultation and training in-house. However, they must have an external Consultant who is not in the employ of the organisation who will provide an independent review of the Organisation’s Action Plan and Portfolio of Evidence.
The external Consultant will provide oversight to the Organisation at least once a year, and may visit the Organisation, interview their staff, and so forth. They may describe additional activities necessary to complete the accepted Action Plan.
3. Creating and Implementing an Action Plan
The Organisation, in collaboration with its Consultant, develops a new Action Plan prior to the next renewal period. The Action Plan outlines how DDP principles will be increasingly embodied into the Organisation’s culture and programs/services, using Organisation Certification Requirements, Appendix 1, in Organisation DDP Certification Appendices as a guide. The Consultant works with the Organisation to implement the Action Plan over the next 4 years.
4. Maintaining a Portfolio of Evidence
“A Portfolio of Evidence tells the Organisation’s story of implementing the Action Plan and how DDP principles are being embodied into the Organisation’s culture and programs/services. Updates to the Portfolio of Evidence tell the Organisation’s story of implementing the Action Plan for Renewal of Certification, including its ongoing DDP consultancy. “
The Portfolio will include information about how regular, ongoing DDP training, consultancy and supervision has occurred over the four-year period.
5. DDPI Board Review of the Action Plan and Portfolio of Evidence every four years
Every four years, three months prior to the renewal date, the Organisation’s Consultant will submit their Portfolio of Evidence to the DDPI Board with a recommendation for renewal. The Consultant will submit the Organisation’s Action Plan for the coming four years as well.
The DDPI Board reviews the Organisation’s Portfolio and Action and
(a) gives full and immediate approval, or
(b) asks the Consultant and Organisation to provide additional evidence
What happens when renewal requirements are not met?
- The Organisation will be charged a late fee if the annual DDPI membership fee is not paid on time
- The Organisation will lose its status as a Certified DDP Organisation Practitioner
- The Organisation’s name will be removed from the website
How is restoration to Certified Organisation status achieved?
The Organisation may petition the DDPI Board Review Committee to have their Certification status reinstated. The DDPI Board Review Committee may approve the request with or without further requirements, or they may deny the request. Requirements include:
- All renewal of certification requirements must be met
- Past due fees and late fees must be paid in full
- An administrative fee is required to restore DDPI membership status to good standing